High-Quality Crowns for Beautiful Smiles in Media, PA
Receiving the right treatment when your teeth need care can rebuild and renew your smile. One of our options for fixing and protecting your teeth is crowns. At Wallingford Station Family Dental, we provide you with crowns to improve the function and aesthetics of your teeth. Whether you prefer an all-porcelain or metal-infused crown, we can deliver a comfortable restoration for a perfect bite.
If you need help with a worn-down crown or a damaged tooth that’s causing you pain, get in touch with our compassionate staff immediately. We offer 24/7 emergency services. When you call our office, our answering service will promptly put you in contact with our doctor.
Proudly serving Media, Wallingford, Springfield, and Swarthmore, Dr. Howarth Sr. has been voted as Philadelphia's top doctor thirteen times! We are happy to help relieve your pain and give you the quality service you deserve. Call us today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (610) 566-7175 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What are Crowns?
Dental crowns, or caps, are commonly used to fix severely damaged teeth. A crown encloses your entire tooth to strengthen it and protect it from further damage. While crowns can be made of various materials, we offer you durable options. Our restorations can be ceramic or porcelain-fused-to-metal, such as gold or another alloy. We care about your smile's beauty and make sure your crown resembles your natural teeth in shape and color.
7 Reasons You May Need a Crown
Dental crowns are versatile solutions. They enhance the appearance of your teeth and fix decayed teeth. Some of the dental issues they address include:
- Teeth Restoration: If you have a broken tooth, we can replace the damaged part with a crown for a healthier-looking tooth that blends into your smile.
- Protection for Weak Teeth: If you have a cracked or decayed tooth, we can use a crown to strengthen its structure from damage.
- Replace a Missing Tooth: If you have a missing tooth, our team can replace it with a crown that’s attached directly to a dental implant.
- Baby Teeth Support: A crown protects children's teeth by setting the proper foundation for receiving adult teeth. It saves teeth from decay and.
- Dental Bridge Support: Two crowns can support a dental bridge by sitting on adjacent teeth on both sides.
- Cosmetic Boost: Crowns transform misshapen and stained teeth. They create a whiter, more beautiful smile.
- Root Canal Completion: Placing a crown is the last step of root canal therapy. Once your tooth is saved from infection, it needs to be covered and protected with a crown.
What to Expect When Getting a Crown
Getting a crown usually requires two visits. Our doctors will examine your mouth during your first appointment, assess your situation, and take x-rays for a precise diagnosis. If you qualify for a crown, we create accurate molds to base your restoration off of. You will receive a temporary crown until your permanent restoration is ready.
At your second appointment, our team will ensure proper bite and spacing. We then secure your new crown and check that it fits comfortably.
What are The Types of Dental Crowns You Offer?
Our dentists helps you decide on the best material for your crown that suits your needs, preferences, and budget. To do that, we consider certain factors, which include:
- The damaged tooth’s location
- How affected the tooth function is
- The number of your remaining natural teeth
- The color of the surrounding teeth
The types of crowns you might consider include:
Stainless Steel Crowns – Commonly used on baby teeth, they are usually used temporarily for adults. They are cost-effective and can prevent further decay.
Metal-Infused-to-Porcelain Crowns – These crowns are durable and known to offer enhanced aesthetics at an affordable price. They can be made using different metals such as cobalt, nickel, chromium, titanium, or gold alloys.
Porcelain – These crowns are designed to repair both front and back teeth. They are permanent and beneficial for people with metal allergies. They offer an optimal color match and natural look.
How to Care for Dental Crowns
Crowns require proper care to last longer. Our dentist recommends brushing and flossing your teeth twice a day, as well as visiting our practice twice a year for professional cleanings.
To protect your crowns, do not attempt to use your teeth as a tool for opening packages or cans. We also recommend wearing a mouthguard if you plan to get involved in sports.
Your Place for Quality Crowns in Media, PA
At Wallingford Station Family Dental, our team strives to provide you with the timely, quality services you deserve. Dr. Stephen P. Howarth, Sr., Dr. Stephen P. Howarth, Jr. and their staff enjoy serving our community in Media, Wallingford, Springfield, Swarthmore, and the surrounding locations.
If you are looking for top-quality crowns or any other excellent cosmetic or restorative solutions, get in touch with our compassionate staff and schedule your visit today.
CALL US: (610) 566-7175 REQUEST APPOINTMENT